The Prostgarten is a hidden treasure in downtown Mount Angel. At the corner of Garfield and College Sts, it is located behind the Glockenspiel and a row of food booths. Inside the Prostgarten you will hear acoustic accordion music that allows for easy conversation.
The Prostgarten beers are primarily Oregon’s Craft finest; these beers are from small local brewers that are self distributed. These are beers that are rarely available outside of their home towns.
Get a glass of wine or a tasty craft beer and bring your favorite foods from the outside food booths and relax. The Prostgarten offers free admittance and is a locals’ place to meet with friends and family.
Take a seat under the tent or on the enclosed patio, have a chat with friends, and watch the crowds go by in our quiet downtown sanctuary.
Oktoberfest says “Thank you!” to the volunteers from the Rose City Accordion Club and their friends who provide the music. Their talents are very much appreciated.
Click here for the Prostgarten menu for 2023.
Click here for the 2023 beer menu for the entire festival.
Families welcome at all times.
- Thursday: noon – 9:00 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm (This venue opens early for the Runners finishing the Road Races.)
Mount Angel Oktoberfest believes everyone should enjoy their beverages responsibly and plan for a safe evening in advance. We provide several options to help make that happen:
- drink moderately and drive home safely
- consider taking the Shuttle to Portland, Woodburn, Salem and Silverton on Friday or Saturday.
- stay locally in one of the RV or camping locations
- arrange for bus, taxi or shuttle transportation prior to attending
- If you have one too many – Uber or Lyft please